Theme of the month June 2013
«Top 10 safety tips for travelers»
When going on a trip… there is much to prepare and think of. You are surely glad to have all of your stuff together. This alone is already difficult enough and often the time just before going on holiday turns out to be a hassle. In such cases, checklists for packing and preparing are useful. Was there anything else? Oh, yeah! «Travel time security» is usually gladly forgotten in the entire preparation hubbub. And some people have already had the sad experience of finding their home robbed after returning from their vacation. In addition, during the holidays one is not always as alert as usual and scammers and cheaters will exploit this on purpose.
To prevent these bad experiences, SKP has drawn and updated a 2-page checklist with tips and further links on the following topics:
- The new Itineris system which transmits security alerts via SMS; safety instructions, travel checklist, as well as the consulate addresses of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA);
- Notes on payment methods and restricted numbers for credit cards;
- Use of personal documents;
- Preparation of the house or apartment security;
- Emergency phone numbers and notifications, and ...
- …what you shouldn’t do by any means!
Furthermore, the checklist offers insight on the most significant fraud and rip-off methods and safety risks during the holidays:
- Internet traps
- Theft by deception
- Counterfeit money / moneychanger / skimming
- Fantasy officials
- Staged car breakdowns or accidents
- Dubious time sharing deals
- Bezness or sex impostors
- Child sex tourism
The checklist provides brief information and instructions and through short links you can obtain further information or brochures which will give you valuable tips for your own safety.
It is recommended that you print out the checklist, fill out the necessary information and then take it along on vacation.
More information about this theme of the month is available on our: german, french or italian website!